A reminder that the Museum Members Only Christmas Sale is on until 1 pm, Tuesday, December 24, 2019. Members receive a 25% discount on most items in the shop. Valid membership cards need to be shown at time of purchase. Please note that the discount does not apply to consignment or already marked down items.
One of the newest items to hit our shelves are fun and fabulous tea towels! Decorated with animal designs by Charlotte Nicolin, they are made of 100% cotton and retail for $14.95 per towel.
Designs available include hedgehogs, rabbits, birds, cows, moose and Canada geese. These towels have been such a hit that a second order has already been required. And (wait for it…) matching mugs are also on their way.
These items would make a great housewarming gift or a treat for your own home.
Amazing new items are arriving daily for your shopping enjoyment. There are too many to mention so staff have narrowed it down to these top three personal picks:
- Adorable felt mice and rabbit figures that couldn’t be any cuter if they tried. A great Easter gift for $14.95 each.
- Animal and bird themed cotton tea towels at 14.95 each.
- Gorgeous smelling soy candles made by Aroma Botanicals with the heady scents of Raspberry Champagne, Lavender Orange and Chamomile or Coconut Lime. $5.95 each.
Callling Local Artisans!
The museum gift shop is looking for 2-3 new artisans willing to sell their items on a consignment basis.
Items should be:
- locally crafted
- giftware suitable for the local and tourist market
- size appropriate (not too big or heavy)
- retailing for a maximum $50.
Please note that the split for items sold under consignment is 60% to the artist and 40% to the museum. If you are interested, email details and photos of your wares to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to everyone who has supported the museum gift shop and made it another fabulous year financially. Gift shop proceeds support important museum programs.
An extra big thanks to all the members who took advantage of the 25% discount offered throughout the month of December. We are pleased to provide this as a perk to your membership.
The decision to carry work created by a range of unique local artists has been a success and will continue as we move ahead.
Looking forward to another great year in 2019!
A reminder that the Museum Members Only Christmas Sale is on until Saturday, December 22, 2018. Members receive a 25% discount on most items in the shop. Valid membership cards need to be shown at time of purchase. Please note that the discount does not apply to consignment or already marked down items.
The museum store also has a pre-Christmas sale table where everything is 50% off. There are still some wonderful gift ideas for the taking.
Members Only Sale
Dust off your debit cards! It’s almost time for the annual Museum Members Only Christmas Sale.
From December 1 to December 22, members receive a 25% discount on most items in the store. This offer does not apply to items already marked down or on consignment. Your valid membership card must be shown at the time of purchase.
Not a member? Don’t despair! Purchase a membership and you immediately qualify for the special holiday period discount.
We’ve got a new greeter at our door…an 8 foot tall T-Rex! Drop by to say “hello.”
It’s autumn sale time in the shop with markdowns on some of our journals, canvas bags, gnomes, glow in the dark children’s t-shirts (size 2), Joseph Salmon bowls and more. Sounds like an opportunity for early Christmas shopping at an amazing price!
Summer is in full swing and the museum shop has a large variety of unique, locally made gifts perfect for visitors and locals alike.
Top 10 summer sellers:
- Vancouver Island T-shirts (check out the photo) and Vancouver Island Car Decals – made by West Coast Karma
- Elasmo Chocolate Bars – made by Hot Chocolates
- Elasmo Coffee – roasted by Royston Roasting
- Stuffed Elasmosaurs and Ammonites – made by Ding Ding Dillio Crafts
- Greeting Cards – by Debbie Bowles of Winking Owl Designs
- 100% Cotton Dish Cloths – by Knotty Handmade Creations
- Elasmosaur Baseball Hats – by HiTec Printing
- Original Artwork and Prints – by Jude Regalado
- Vancouver Island Calendars, Magnets and Cards – by Ann’s Island Photography
- Old Fashioned Bunting and Lavender Sachets – made by Giggling Gertie
The gift shop is now decked out for summer with plenty of “beach-themed” items to enjoy.
There are two fabulous new books in store. The Beachcomber’s Guide to Seashore Life in the Pacific Northwest by J. Duane Sept provides an amazing photographic guide to local tidal pool creatures. And there is The Beachcomber’s Companion by Anna Marlis Burgard with beautiful illustrations by Jillian Ditner. Both books are worth looking into.
The most popular field guides are Seashells and Shellfish of the Pacific Northwest by Rick Harbo and the Identification of Pebbles by Eileen Van der Flier-Keller. These handy take-alongs are covered in plastic to stay dry at the seashore.
Continuing with the beach-theme, the shop also carries small containers of “Shells from the Sea” and a good assortment of abalone shells.
Maybe you’re looking for a gift to send home with visitors? If so, check out the 2019 Vancouver Island Calendar – it’s a gift that will give all year long.