Throughout this year, the museum newsletter will be providing glimpses into the back story on the City’s Incorporation, history and development.
An interesting note in the October 19, 1922 Comox Argus sheds some light on the City’s early firefighting efforts. Once a fire was reported, the bell at St. George’s Church was rung to alert the members of the brigade to the emergency.
Light for Fire Alarm Bell
“The City Clerk is to write to the Board of Managers of St. George’s Presbyterian Church asking permission to put a light near the Fire Alarm bell rope so that the bell can be rung without delay. It was at first suggested that this should be a red light, but it was decided that this might have a significance not intended.”