Here is the latest newsletter installment of an image and quote from the museum’s award-winning book Watershed Moments – A Pictorial History of Courtenay and District.
Photo credit: Bill Ardley’s Garage, 1932, was located on Anderton Avenue near Central Builders Supply Ltd. and backed onto the Courtenay River. Charles Sillence photograph. Photo: CDM Sillence Collection. Page 152.
Photo caption: “British Columbians adjusted to driving on the right-hand side of the road when it became the law on January 1, 1922. And due to the economic boom in the mid- to late 1920s automobile sales increased, which meant there were more drivers on the road. Businesses developed to service four-wheeled travellers and holiday makers.” Page 151.